Monday, May 10, 2010

Welcome to Bratislava

Day 2:

Wow, I am utterly amazed so far with this country and I still have barely experienced anything it has to offer just yet. As for the flight, it turned out just fine, I thought it might seem long but the in plane movies kept us entertained, as well as a much needed nap once our excitement wore off and the tiredness kicked in. We were slightly disappointed to have such short connection times in Paris and Prague, since it did not allow us to leave the airports, but one day we’ll be able to explore those areas as well. The only thing on our mind was finally arriving into Bratislava. We landed into Bratislava, which is Slovakia's capital city, and got through the whole airport process faster then expected. I must admit I was surprised that the airport was slightly more modernized then I pictured it to be for such a small country, but it is still not as modern as our Montreal airport. Transportation to the hotel was easily accessible by a taxi we called up that was recommended on our list, and we checked in without a problem to The Mamaison Residence Sulekova Bratislava. The staff seems very welcoming and I had a chance to spot a few of the visitors staying in my hotel as well. It ranged from families, to business workers. Oh how I love variety, and the fact that the hotel is within very easy access of central Bratislava was an extreme bonus. Well seeing as how the rest of the day is to leisure we figured we would take the time to unwind and relax a little in the hotel before venturing out into town for an evening stroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment