Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Final day

Day 15
Current destination: Bratislava again! Unfortunately, not in one of their beautiful hotels, but in the airport. We just past through security quickly seeing as how it was past 1am and definitely not busy. We had to leave the Kosice hotel to catch a late train ride directly into Bratislava and make it to the airport to wait for our homebound flight. Right now I am updating my blog while sitting at our terminal gate with a wait of a few hours while my friend is sprawled out along some chairs. At least these chairs are more comfortable then most other airports.
I cannot believe our trip is over, my suitcase was half empty when I came to Slovakia, now it is almost full with new souvenirs, mostly wooden carvings of folklore times and a few little wooden dolls with folklore inspired clothing. What can I say? The Slovak folklore culture was really interesting to me, so I had to take a little piece of it home with me. I also found this great Slovak Cuisine book in English to take home with me seeing as how I got so used to their local recipes. I just spotted one of the cafes open, and a coffee with a Slovak desert would be really great right now while my last few hours in Bratislava slip away up until my Air France flight at 5:20am.
Goodbye Bratislava, and Slovakia. I promise to return soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment